What is On-Page SEO
On-page SEO allows us to optimize each page of our website to make it more search engine-friendly. It is also known as on-site SEO or on-page optimization. It is a set of guidelines that we follow to ensure that our website is ranking well on Google. It helps search engine rankings and attracts organic (non-paid) traffic. It has various elements and techniques to make web pages more search engine-friendly and user-friendly. Here are some points that come in on-page SEO.
1) Meta Title: We must use unique and descriptive title tags in which we can use our primary keyword. Such as our target keyword is “SEO Company in USA” then you may use this keyword in the title tags. It is one of the most important elements that comes in on-page SEO.
2) Meta Description: It is also one of the most important elements that is used to describe your web page’s content. You can use primary keywords while writing unique descriptions for your web page.
3) Meta Keywords: It is an old practice of SEO but still used by SEO experts. In the meta keywords, you can use primary keywords, secondary keywords, LSI keywords, etc. Such as your primary keyword is “SEO Company in India” then you can use many keywords related to this keyword such as “SEO service in India, SEO service provider in India, SEO agency in India, best SEO agency in India, etc. You can use this type of keyword in meta keywords.
4) Header Tag (H1, H2, H3, etc.): The web page content should be written in a structure by using headings and subheadings such as (H1 for the main title, H2, H3, H4, H5, etc., for subheadings). Heading and subheadings make your content understandable and readable for the users.
5) URL Structure: According to the best SEO practice, you can use your targeted keyword in the URLs. Suppose that your target keyword is “What is off-page SEO” Then you can use “www.xyz.com/what-is-off-
6) Page Speed Optimization: The page speed of a website is considered one of the most important ranking factors. If a web page takes a time longer than expected then there is a lot of chance that your website will disappear from the Google search engine. So make sure from your website’s designers and developers that your website has good loading speed. You can check the website speed by using this website “Page Speed Insight“.
7) Canonical Tags: We need to use canonical tags for each page of the website. It is used to indicate the preferred version of a page. It solves duplicate content issues on your website that you don’t want to crawl and index.
8) Schema Markup: It is a kind of structured data that is called schema markup. It is used to provide search engines with additional information about your content, enhancing the appearance of search results. There are too many types of schema markup such as “Local Business, Product, FAQs Article, Breadcrubmlist, etc.
9) Mobile-Friendliness: A website and each page of the website must be mobile-friendly as the number of mobile users is being increased rapidly. According to Google’s algorithm, mobile-friendly is one of the most important ranking factors in SEO. Make sure that all pages are mobile-friendly in your website so that you can rank your website on Google and other search engines.
10) Internal Linking: Internal linking helps users and search engines understand the structure of your website. It works as a guide for the users. It is also considered in On-Page SEO techniques.
11) Keyword Research: It also comes in on-page SEO optimization practice. You can use many tools to research and identify your target keywords by using “Google Keyword Planner, SemRush, Moz, Ahrefs, etc”.
12) Image Optimization: To improve website speed, image optimization is an important part of on-page SEO. You can use webp images instead of png, and jpeg on your web page. This type of image is easy to load and increases the website speed.
Benefits of On-Page SEO
PS Digital World says by implementing On-Page SEO techniques to the website, we make sure that our website is fully optimized for search engines. It improves search engine ranking, better user experience, keyword relevance, higher click-through rates, reduced duplicate content, faster page load times, rich snippets, content quality, content updates, and much more.