If your website is not ranking well on Google and other search engines then it has several reasons behind not ranking. We as an SEO Company in India called PS Digital World are going to tell you 15 points that will help in finding the reason behind not ranking your website.
1) Lack of Quality Content:It is said, that content is the king in the digital marketing field. Everyone visits Google to get information about everything and Google provides all types of information in the form of writing, images, and videos. So, make sure your website has informative, and value-added content so that users can benefit from your website.
2) Poor On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO plays an important role in ranking your website on Google and other search engines. Through SEO, you can optimize meta titles, meta descriptions, meta tags, image optimization, content optimization, schema markup, fixing broken links, and so on.
3) Off-Page Optimization – If your website does not have high-quality backlinks then the website will definitely face ranking issues on search engines whether it is Google or Yahoo or Bing. Make sure you are building high-quality backlinks from high-DA websites.
4) Poor Technical SEO – It is also a part of SEO and plays an important role in ranking your website. Technical SEO includes “Schema Markup, indexing error, crawling error, HTTPS status code, website’s mobile friendly, and so on”.
5) Slow Page Speed – If your website speed is not good and takes a longer time than expected then your website can face ranking issues. A slow-loading website can negatively impact your rankings. Please make sure that your website is loading fast, especially on mobile devices.
6) Low-Quality Backlinks: If you are creating low-quality backlinks on spammy websites then the website can face ranking issues. Please make sure that you are creating high-quality backlinks on high-DA websites.
7) Poor User Experience: In this current scenario, a website’s user experience plays an important role. If a user visits your website but is not satisfied with the website you must change the website’s user experience.
8) Duplicate Content – It is said, that the content is the king. If you want to rank your website on Google and other search engines then you should work on quality content. The content plays a very important role in ranking your website. If your website is able to provide necessary information then your website will be ranked on Google.
9)Not Mobile-Friendly – If your website is not mobile-friendly then your website will not appear on mobile search engines and will not get a good position on Google search engines. As we all know the number of mobile users is increasing rapidly day by day. Please make sure you are using a mobile-friendly website.
10) Competitive Niche: Sometimes, you are trying to rank highly competitive keywords for your website. So, you need a more comprehensive SEO strategy and patience.
11) Algorithms Update – Google keeps updating itself on time. Make sure you are following all Google algorithms and making SEO strategies according to the Google updates, and algorithms. If you are not following then the website may face ranking issues.
12) Penalties or Manual Actions: Please check, if your website is facing any Google penalties through Google Web Master (Search Console) then the website faces ranking issues.
13) New Website: Are you working on a new website? If yes then you need to understand that a website takes time to rank a website on Google and other search engines.
14) Your Website Has Been Penalized by Google: It is not easy to find out if your website has been penalized by Google or not. Some of the reasons why your website may be penalized are spammy backlinks, thin content, duplicate content, buying links, using black-hat SEO techniques, etc.
There is a way to determine whether your website has been affected:
Log in to Google Search Console, which is a webmaster tool provided by Google in which you can check website performance. Now Select your working website at the top left and then select manual actions in the left column. You can see the issue, once fix this issue then you can submit your website for reconsideration.
15) Google Released a New Algorithm Update: Sometimes various algorithm updates from Google can cause problems with your website. It may also happen that your website is not following Google’s guidelines, due to this there is a problem in the ranking of the website. So, please make sure that your website is following all of Google’s algorithm updates.
16) Your Website Does Not Have a Sitemap: It is mandatory to create a sitemap for the website. It helps Google’s boats to get information about our website easily. Although it is not considered as a ranking factor it helps boats to understand our website’s information easily.
17) What is a Sitemap: It is a list of the web pages of your website. It is used to navigate and understand the structure of a website’s content. It is in XML format, but there are also HTM sitemaps designed for human users. It is used to discover, crawl, and index web pages more effectively.
18) Your Pages have Marked No Index: Please make sure that your website is not marked “No Index”. If it is like that then your website is not going to be crawled and indexed by Google’s boats and it will lead your website to disappear on Google.
Conclusion: If you are reading this blog it means your website is facing the ranking issue. So, make sure, you are not making mistakes. Please remember SEO is an ongoing process, and results may not be immediate.